Eastern European Time Zone (UTC+02:00)
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE FORMALITIES
Travel documents are your responsibility.
In general you should know that:
- Citizens of the European Union or from the European Economic Area (EEA) can enter Romania at any border checkpoint where they submit must have a valid identity document – passport or another identity document acknowledged by the Romanian State.
- Citizens of other states (states not in the EU/EEA) need an entry visa.
More information you may find vising the official site of Foreign Affairs.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Health and travel insurances are accepted by the medical units in Romania, provided payment is confirmed first by the foreign insurance company. Insurance companies in Romanian sell health insurances for the duration of the stay on the Romanian territory.
For further info please visit the National Health Insurance House website.
Generally speaking, Romania, including Maramures, is a safe country. Visitors should, of course, always remain aware of the surrounding at all times. Health risks during your holiday here are low. Below we have prepared useful information for ensuring a safe and healthy holiday in Maramures.
All major cities throughout Maramures have a HOSPITAL where you can be treated. Here you can see them listed:
- COUNTY EMMERGENCY HOSPITAL - BAIA MARE
George Cosbuc street, no.3, tel.: +40262-275340/276860
- VIȘEU DE SUS TOWN HOSPITAL
22 Decembrie street, no. 1, tel.: +40262-353341/352400
Also, you shouldn't worry if you follow a treatment or you, urgently need medication. We have prepared a list of DRUGSTORES in VISEU DE SUS:
- MMM, 22 Decembrie street, no. C8/3, tel.:40262-353667
Open: Monday-Friday 9-17, Saturday 8:30-14, Sunday 9-13
For your safety, you must know that there is an emergency number - 112 - an operator will assist you and direct you to the needed emergency service.
When paying if you’re happy with the service a cash tip of up to 10% is more than acceptable. Tips to chalet staff are entirely at your discretion.